Oven “Fried” Pickles with Skinny Herb Buttermilk Ranch Dip
Adapted from Mary’s Bites
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 6 slices with dip • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 58.6 • Fat: 1.4 g • Protein: 2.4 g • Carb: 9.1 g • Fiber: 0.6 g • Sugar: 0.3 g
Sodium: 1248.8 mg
- 2 -16 oz jars (48 slices) sliced oval dill hamburger pickles, I used Vlasic
- 1/2 cup of Panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup of cornmeal
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1/8th tsp kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- olive oil spray (about 1 tsp)
For the Ranch Dip:
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp light mayo
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh chives 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup 1% low fat buttermilk
Make ranch dip by combining all the dip ingredients and refrigerate until pickles are done.
Place pickles to drain on paper towels.
Mix crumbs and flour together along with paprika, parsley, and half the chipotle powder and salt.
Whisk eggs and egg whites in a bowl and season with remaining chipotle powder.
Dip pickles in egg mixture and then into the crumb mix, pressing down on the crumbs.
Heat oven to 450°F along with 2 baking sheets. When the oven reaches 450°,remove baking sheets and spray with olive oil spray; place pickles on the baking sheets and spray the tops of the pickles with the more oil. Bake 8-10 minutes, turn and spray if needed and cook an additional five minutes. Remove pickles from cooking sheet and serve hot with dip.