Target: The Piriformis (a deep gluteal muscle)
- Begin in a full push-up position, palms aligned under shoulders.
- Place left knee on the floor near shoulder with left heel by right hip.
- Lower down to forearms and bring right leg down with the top of the foot on the floor (not shown).
- Keep chest lifted to the wall in front of you, gazing down.
- If you’re more flexible, bring chest down to floor and extend arms in front of you.
- Pull navel in toward spine and tighten your pelvic-floor muscles; contract right side of glutes.
- Curl right toes under while pressing ball of foot into the floor, pushing through your heel.
- Bend knee to floor and release; do 5 reps total, then switch sides and repeat.
- *I LOVE the pigeon pose! Really stretches out my legs, and it feels good to loosen up! :)
Please remember to follow and support me on my way to becoming happier and healthier and finally accepting my body on Underarmour’s What’s Beautiful. Thanks!: http://whatsbeautiful.ua.com/profile/9864