One-Minute Chocolate Cake
(can be gluten-free!)
It’s also a new Single-Serving Recipe.
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons spelt flour (or white, or even peanut flour)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar (pr evaporated cane juice)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 stevia packet (or 1 tablespoon more sugar)
- 2-3 tsp coconut oil or vegetable oil (Edit: many commenters have said it still tastes good if you sub applesauce or mashed banana. But I can’t personally vouch for the results if you make that substitution.)
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine dry ingredients and mix very, very well. Add liquid, stir, then transfer to a little dish, ramekin, or even a coffee mug. Microwave 30-40 seconds. If you don’t want to eat it straight out of the dish, be sure to spray your dish first (and then wait for it to cool before trying to remove it).
Raw Chocolate Fudge Cake (or frosting)
(You can also cut this into fudge bites!)
- 1/2 a medium, very-ripe banana (80g)
- 4T Artisana coconut butter or Homemade Coconut Butter
- 2 T (or more!) cocoa powder (10g)
- scant 1/16 tsp salt
- optional: feel free to sweeten, if needed
(Note: This makes a small amount. Increase the recipe for a traditional-sized cake.) Blend everything together in your blender, food processor, or Magic Bullet. Spread into a container (or onto wax paper). Refrigerate overnight, or freeze for a few hours. The cake will keep in the freezer for weeks. Just be sure to thaw at least 20 minutes prior to eating. (Taste before eating, in case you wish to add sweetener.)
*A few readers have told me coconut oil will work in place of the coconut butter. But I have not tried it, and I would think you’d lose some of the richness. So try that substitution at your own risk.
Also, please follow me on the Underarmour What’s Beautiful. It would really mean a lot to me if you guys would follow or join me in this and really achieve your health and physical goals! http://whatsbeautiful.ua.com/profile/9864