Coop/prep time: 35 mins. Serves 4. I used unsalted pistachios, but salted are fine too. Be sure to remove from heat when done to avoid any milk burning on the bottom of the pot. Sub with almond or coconut milk for non-dairy option.
- 3 cups whole milk (sub with almond, or coconut milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or one vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/6 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup quinoa
- a few diced strawberries
- chopped pistachios
- Place the quinoa in a strainer and rinse with cold water for a few seconds.
- Combine the milk, water, sugar, salt, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the quinoa and stir. Reduce heat to medium low, partially cover (about 3/4 of the way) and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes to avoid sticking. If skin starts to form across top of milk, just stir it back in.
- If you find that your pudding seems a bit dry and the quinoa is still hard, just add a splash more milk and water and cook totally covered for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature or cold in the fridge. Spoon pudding into bowls and top with chopped strawberries and pistachios.
Please follow me at: http://whatsbeautiful.ua.com/profile/9864