Homemade Speculoos Cookies
You are going to need
1. 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2. 1/4 teaspoon salt
3. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
4. 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
5. 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
6. 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
7. 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
8. 1/2 cup sugar
9. 1/2 (packed) cup light brown sugar
10. 1 large egg, at room temperature
Mix together the first 6 ingredients, and set aside.
In a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until they are a creamy texture.
Mix in the egg.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients until combined.
Take the dough out, and form into a ball. Wrap the ball, and refrigerate for 3 hours. I only waited half an hour for the first half of my batch…. justtttt because I was using them for another recipe
When ready to use, roll out until about 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
Cut out circles,
These are the cookies in the Speculoos/ Cookie Butter!
I would replace the sugar with mashed banana and apple sauce! And for the butter I’d put in coconut butter. For the flour I would use oat flour- put some oatmeal in a blender!